Sustainable Agriculture Program
- Visit and work on local, sustainable, and organic farms
- Harvest and make your own ‘ono grinds
- Take home plants to start your own garden
- Take field trips to wahi pana (sacred places) like Waipi‘o Valley
- Explore careers in sustainable agriculture
- Meet students from other schools
- Earn a scholarship for successfully completing the program
- Summer 2017 (two weeks): June 19–30
- Fall 2017 (one week): October 9–13
Each student who successfully completes the program will be offered a scholarship ($125 for one-week programs, $250 for two-week programs) to support food-producing activities. Programs run weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with each day starting and ending at our Demonstration Farm in Honoka‘a.
For more information, please contact Dave Sansone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-464-3657.
Sponsored by The Kohala Center and Kamehameha Schools’ ‘Āina Ulu Program, with funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Program 2501.
|Event Date||06-19-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-30-2017 2:00 pm|